Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Verdict: Crock Pot Oatmeal

Well, I made the crockpot oatmeal I mentioned in yesterday's post. It turned out...okay. I didn't love it but Matt thought it was good. I thought it had kind of a weird flavor that I couldn't put my finger on. It was sweet enough but somehow a little bit bland at the same time. Next time, I think I will try omitting the apples. I think there may have been too many competing flavors going on. I also might try adding a pinch of salt to see if that helps with the flavor.

I have never been a huge fan of old fashioned oatmeal in the first place though either, so maybe it was great but just not to my tastebuds!

I didn't get a chance to make the granola bars yet. Might have to save that for next week after we get back from camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment