Friday, September 4, 2009

Coupons

Did you know that some retailers accept manufacturer's coupons for up to three months past their expiration date? It's true!

I had a "$5 off your next grocery purchase" coupon at Cub. It was a manufacturer's coupon that printed out after my last grocery visit when I purchased a bunch of Kraft Foods items for a great promotion they ran. It expired August 29. I went to Cub and asked at the register whether I could still use it, thinking it was probably no longer usable. Instead, she told me that they accept manufacturer's coupons for three months beyond the printed expiration date!

So if you have old coupons lying around, don't throw them away! Give it a shot -- you might still be able to use them!

Another cool coupon thing I stumbled upon: Mobile Coupons! There are several websites that offer a service that sends coupons and deals to your mobile phone. I have an iPhone and added an app that does the same thing. The app I have is called mobiQpons. It was free and has a list of coupons available depending on my location. Last night when we were out to dinner at T.G.I. Friday's, I looked and it showed a coupon for T.G.I. Friday's, Best Buy, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, and several more. Pretty cool! All you do is show the checkout person the coupon on your phone and they are able to grab an authorization code from it to enter into their system. I've also done this with email coupons I've received from Gap and other retailers.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Rachel! I am an avid coupon clipper/user. I think one of my favorite things is looking at my Rainbow receipt and seeing how much I saved! I aim for 10-20% every trip. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! My aim is to get better at it. I'm planning on doing some meal planning each week and buying whatever meat is on sale and using it. I've saved a lot of money by doing bulk freezer meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured out that most places still take expired coupons, so I always hang on to mine!! Anything to save a buck, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete