Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dinner tonight

Tonight, I am making Swiss Chicken Casserole, baked potatoes and butternut squash from my garden. I have 2 coupons for $1 off Golden Plump chicken breasts, and they are on sale at Target and Cub this week. I think I'm just going to go to Target, so I'll end up with a package of chicken breasts for $2.99 (x 2 if I decide to get 2 packages and use both coupons)!

I'm saving the beef roast for tomorrow since I'll have more time to get everything in the crock pot.

This weekend, I'm going to figure out some bulk recipes to fill my freezer with cheaply. In the past, I've done Enchiladas, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Ala King, Beef Chimichangas, marinaded chicken, Chicken Caccitore, various soups, and other miscellaneous things. Most of the time, the meals I've made have ended up being $.50-$1.00 per serving.

I have a whole turkey in the freezer that I want to thaw and use in several things, but I want to figure out how best to use the bird! I'm thinking turkey tetrazzini, turkey ala king, some sort of turkey soup...does anyone have some great turkey recipes for me to try?? Or other great freezable recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment